The competition for scholarships started with a school round. About 250 students from 64 schools across the country participated. nominate their best, each using its own nomination process. Nominated students submitted applications and had to write an essay on the topic: them online to CTM by January 25; prompted online with an essay: I wish I had enough money to make the world a better place. Describe a project you would like to make a reality to solve a specific problem of the world.
The best 30 students were invited for interviews. The interview panel consisted of: Mr. Martin Herman, AFCSLS President, Ms. Jeanne Boková, CTM Director, Ms. Lenka Eckertová, RSJ Foundation Director, and Mr. Jakub Tesa, Fulbright Commission.
The panel selected 10 students of which nine selected courses at Princeton University. One student, Kristýna Pokorná, chose a course at the Roger Williams University, RI. Each student received $5,000 scholarship to the CTY Summer Program.
- Buchar Michael, Gymnázium Nad Alejí, Praha 6
- Hrubá Anna, Nový PORG, Praha 4
- Javrek Emil, Gymnázium Jana Keplera, Praha 6
- Laryea Oliver, Gymnázium, Budjovická, Praha 4
- Novotný Filip, Gymnázium, Jana Masaryka 1, Jihlava
- Pelánek Ondej, Klasické a panlské gymnázium, Brno
- Picek Martin, Gymnázium J. V. Jirsíka, eské Budjovice
- Pokorná Kristýna, Nový PORG, Praha 4
- Tma Ondej, Gymnázium Lesní tvr, Zlín
- Turland Vojtch, Gymnázium, Riegerova 17, lapanice
Four students emerged victorious from a tough competition for scholarships for CTY Summer in the United States. One student was selected through a separate competition organized by LEAF, our Slovak partner. Here are the stars - examples for others to follow:
- Libuse Janská, Gymnázium Nad Alejí, Praha
- Martin Sarvas, Gymnázium Trebisovska 12, Kosice
- Jiri Lhotka, PORG, Praha
- Nikola Illásová, Spojena skola-gym., Bratislava-Ruzinov
- Sara Thiry, LEAF, Bratislava
Congratulations to your great success!!!
Congratulations to our CTYOnline stars!!! Five students have been nominated to the CTY Summer Program 2014. They will spend three weeks with their peers from all over the world in the United States. They are:
- Eliska Havrdová, Gymnázium Jírovcova, Ceské Budejovice
- David Hrusa, Novy PORG, Praha
- Dominika Kruzikova, Gymnázium Jírovcova, Ceské Budejovice
- Krystina Rousova, Gymnázium Jana Keplera, Praha
- Vladimíra Snajdrová, Gymnázium M.Lercha, Brno
Each scholarship of $6,200 covers the full cost of the program including airfare. Students will pay only for their trip to and from Ruzyne airport.