The competition for scholarships started with a school round. About 250 students from 64 schools across the country participated. nominate their best, each using its own nomination process. Nominated students submitted applications and had to write an essay on the topic: them online to CTM by January 25; prompted online with an essay: I wish I had enough money to make the world a better place. Describe a project you would like to make a reality to solve a specific problem of the world.
The best 30 students were invited for interviews. The interview panel consisted of: Mr. Martin Herman, AFCSLS President, Ms. Jeanne Boková, CTM Director, Ms. Lenka Eckertová, RSJ Foundation Director, and Mr. Jakub Tesar, Fulbright Commission.
The panel selected 10 students of which nine selected courses at Princeton University. One student, Kristýna Pokorná, chose a course at the Roger Williams University, RI. Each student received $5,000 scholarship to the CTY Summer Program.
- Buchar Michael, Gymnázium Nad Alejí, Praha 6
- Hrubá Anna, Nový PORG, Praha 4
- Javurek Emil, Gymnázium Jana Keplera, Praha 6
- Laryea Oliver, Gymnázium, Budejovická, Praha 4
- Novotný Filip, Gymnázium, Jana Masaryka 1, Jihlava
- Pelánek Ondrej, Klasické a Spanelské gymnázium, Brno
- Picek Martin, Gymnázium J. V. Jirsíka, Ceské Budejovice
- Pokorná Kristýna, Nový PORG, Praha 4
- Tuma Ondrej, Gymnázium Lesní Ctvrt, Zlín
- Turland Vojtech, Gymnázium, Riegerova 17, Slapanice